What is personal data? What personal data does io.finnet store?
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”). To qualify as a Data Subject, one has to be identifiable, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
io.finnet collects personal data on its website, and for its products.
How do I request a copy of my personal data?
Please submit a ticket here.
How do I request an update or deletion of my personal data?
Please submit a ticket here. Our Privacy team will assess your request, please be aware that the right to deletion of your personal data is not absolute and might not be possible for regulatory reasons. However, where this is the case and where possible, io.finnet will store your personal data in an archival database kept only for the adequate regulatory authorities.
Does io.finnet share personal data with third parties?
What is the procedure for notifying clients in the event of a data breach?
In case of security breach, io.finnet will provide you with a notification determining:
- the nature of the security breach;
- if possible, the categories and the approximate number of persons affected by the security breach;
- the categories and the approximate number of records of Personal Data concerned;
- the likely consequences of the security breach;
- the steps taken or plan to take to prevent the incident from recurring or to mitigate any negative consequences. If the security breach represents a risk, we shall notify the security breach to the competent Supervisory Authority within the shortest possible delay.